Athletes in the track & field competitions must abide by the IAAF rules and regulations.
- Under 12 Sprint:
- The distance for the Under 12 Boys’ and Girls’ Sprint is 60 meters.
- Schools should have 2 boys and 2 girls compete in the 60m Sprint.
- Under 16 Sprints:
- The distance for the Under 16 Boys’ and Girls’ Sprint is 100 and 400 meters.
- Schools should have 2 boys and 2 girls compete in the 100m Sprint.
- Similarly, each school should have 2 boys and 2 girls compete in the 400m Sprint.
- Each student can either participate in the 100m or 400m Sprint, but not both.
- The 4x100m relay team will be made up of all the Under 16 athletes (4 out of the 6 participating in the Track & Field category: 2 from the 100m race, 2 from the 400m race, and 2 from the Long Jump) for both boys and girls.
- Each school team should have 2 participants in the Under 16 Boys group and 2 participants in the Under 16 Girls group. One or two of these participants from each group can compete in the 100m Sprint.
- Each athlete will be given 3 jumps in the heats and the top 8 athletes will proceed to the finals where they will be given up to 6 jumps.